Why the need?
Natural Stone (limestone; sandstone; granite; slate; marble)
Concrete (cladding; cast structures; power floated floors)
Brick (walls & landscaping ground structures)
Clay & Terracotta (roof tile and floor structures)
- Where a coating is not an option RapidGuard provides a solution.
- There is no conflict of interest between coatings & RapidGuard just a synergy
- Surfaces where a client does not require a change in colour or aesthetics, typically
- The porosity of all these surfaces vary, but each one is vulnerable to water ingress, air pollutants, staining and the associated problems:
- Duty of care requires these surfaces are given ‘a helping hand’ or else their life cycle is significantly reduced
How it works
How Rapid Guard works
- Rapidguard modifies the surface energy of a substrate.
- Liquids penetrate a substrate when:
- The solution is to modify the superficial tension of a substrate, taking it below that of liquids.
- Surface tension – mN/square metre
Material Superficial Tension
RapidGuard treated surface - 5 to 10
15 YEAR GUARANTEE
- RapidGuard is a suitable surface treatment for protecting porous building surfaces
- 100% invisible when dry – not a coating
- Surface impregnation product
- Even works when micro cracks are present in a surface
- Long lasting (>10 years)
- Prevents ingress of most types of surface contaminants, including water, oil dirt etc
- Reduces chewing gu adhesion allowing easy removal
- Limits moss and lichen growth by keeping a surface dry
- Keeps extreme soiling (eg. Graffiti) at the surface enabling easy removal
- Stops the ‘freeze-thaw’ cycle and a resulting deterioration of surface
- Prevents re-appearance of efflorescence salts caused by the ‘wetting-drying’ cycle
- Is non-film forming, thus allows a treated surface to remain breathable
- Resists mild acids, alkalis and fuel
- A surface treated with RapidGuard will benefit from an increased life-span and will be easier to maintain